Purpose/Scope: This form is used to describe the essential functions, duties, and qualifications required.
“The Director of Communications is the person who will give energy and motivation to all church members and the community by sharing our Church’s vision with them.”
The Communications Director (CD) at Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church will Be responsible for the delivery of the church’s comprehensive communication strategy; unify and align communications; partner with ministries, meeting with them, and creating communication plans to mobilize their specific audiences. The CD is responsible for all aspects of the audiovisual components for all worship services and other ministries throughout the week and weekends and must exhibit a passion for excellence and execute a strategy to prepare Mount Moriah Missionary Baptist Church communication department for the future. The person filling this position will report to the Senior Pastor or his designee.
- Coordinate all AV staffing and AV/Lighting setup needs for weekend services and provide technical oversight for all campus events.
- Recruit and train audiovisual volunteers to facilitate and operate the audiovisual equipment (analog and digital audio mixers, ProPresenter visual elements, PTZ Cameras, and Roland Video Mixers) for worships, classes, concerts, and events at the church.
- The Director assists in the hiring of qualified independent contractors and staff as needed.
- Create and develop multimedia content for congregational stories, worship announcement videos, external promotional social videos, marketing videos, training videos, and other projects.
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/six, media management and archiving project media.
- Ensure broadcast of weekly services on various online platforms and edit services for broadcast on local stations and manage video library.
- Developing and coordinating in-house communications for all staff information shared from the ministers, the business administrator, and church leaders.
- Overseeing church-wide announcement strategies for events.
- Collaborate with all missions and ministries and maintains the most effective ways to promote each within the church as well as the community.
- Meet regularly with the senior pastor, executive staff, sound ministry, ministry leaders, and church council to review progress and discuss strategies.
- Attend all church meetings.
- Coordinate contacts between the congregation and community media.
- Recommend purchases, install and maintain AV equipment on campus.
- Develop and produce video/educational resources for internal and external ministry and outreach.
- Maintain and update the church’s website on a regular basis and serves as the Webmaster for the church’s website.
- Be proficient in writing/editing, graphic design, communication, strategy, and multi-tasking.
- Perform any necessary duties assigned by the Senior Pastor or his designee.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in technical production or related field of study.
- Three to five years of experience in live production.
- Familiarity with equipment such as professional cameras (Sony PMW-F3 or similar), prosumer camcorders (Canon XA25), various HD and SD formats, preproduction/planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding, and photography.
- Familiarity with small format mixers, compression, EQ, effects processors, audio recording techniques for studio and field, multi-track, and waveform editing.
- Familiarity with digital video editing software still and motion graphics design and video compression for multiple delivery platforms.
- High emotional and relational intelligence is required with a focus on customer service. This role regularly interacts with church leadership as well as outside guests and speakers.
- Software proficiencies such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, Propresenter, Final Cut, OBS.
- Ability to use internet-based church software programs such as Planning Center Online and Church Community Builder, and Boxcast.
- Must adhere to the Mission, Vision, and Bylaws of Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Other physical activities include sitting, standing, squatting, and bending.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- The ideal candidate has great composure, can equally lead, and follow, is organized, can work and make decisions quickly, and communicates clear processes.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must successfully complete/pass South Carolina Criminal History Report, South Carolina’s Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Fingerprint check before employment.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
For more information about Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, please visit the Mount Moriah website – www.mountmoriahcharleston.com.
If you want to know more about our ministries, we would love to talk to you in person.